We thank all those working on the front lines of combating this virus for your dedication and commitment to the health of our nation. Our thoughts are with you. Due to "stay at home" directives still in place in New York State, all BFUSA staff are working virtually,however, we are open for business. Please contact us by email at email@example.com as no one is in the office to answer the phones.
- May 22, 2020 - Over the next few weeks, BFUSA will be scheduling Practice Update Calls (PUCs) with individual facilities in D4 and Re-Designation Year 2 whose on-site assessment was:
- rescheduled due to COVID-19 OR
- requested but never scheduled due to COVID-19
Realizing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on many hospitals, the purpose of this call is to:
- discuss the impact of the pandemic on the facility, Baby-Friendly Ten Steps practices and the Code
- develop an understanding of the facility’s readiness to schedule an assessment
- discuss how to move forward with an assessment, including the possibility of conducting portions of it virtually
PLEASE NOTE: All facilities ready for an assessment who have not submitted their on-site assessment “letter of request” are encouraged to do so in accordance with the instructions in the portal. BFUSA will follow up with plans for moving forward.
- April 10, 2020 - Annual Quality Improvement and Re-Designation Year 1 submission due dates are extended. Please refer to the specific information posted to the AQI and Re-Designation Year 1 sections of the portal.
- March 20, 2020 - COVID-19 has significantly changed all our lives in very short order. To reduce the risk of the disease spread, 100% of Baby-Friendly USA staff are working remotely. We are regularly monitoring our emails, compiling your questions and developing plans. Our team is meeting on a daily basis and carefully weighing out next steps. Our first priority has been to deal with rescheduling of on-site assessments. There are many issues we have had to work out on that topic. In addition, we are thinking through a plan for each phase of the Baby-Friendly Designation and Re-designation processes. No specific decisions have been made yet, but we are making progress on plans to move forward in a streamlined manner. We anticipate releasing plans shortly. We are working through issues as fast as we can.
WEBSITE SIGN IN
USERS: SIGN IN BELOW WITH YOUR REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS